Sunday, September 23

It's not every day you have a day this bad.

I'm currently sitting in work-study and listening to Switchfoot (I finally got The Beautiful Letdown after turning 20, meaning that I now have all six studio albums Switchfoot's released so far). Funny story about listening to Switchfoot. As I was doing so, a girl asked me for help, which prompted me to get up, and since my MP3 player was in my lap, it hit the ground with a very satisfying thud.

I would be doing something more productive than listening to music today. It was my plan to do so since I woke up. But when I started to look for my backpack earlier this afternoon, I realized that it wasn't in my room. Which means that it's in one of infinite places that aren't my room. Hopefully, though, the thing and the $200 worth of textbooks inside it are safely in the Student Leadership Office (which happens to be closed on Sundays) or in the last classroom I had it (which happens to be locked on days when there isn't a class in it). Either way, I'm very certainly not going to get my homework done for my gauntlet tomorrow.

Speaking of homework, I also have a "portrait" due in photojournalism tomorrow night. To clarify what a portrait is, it's a photograph of somebody which tells a story of some important facet of their persona. It was my idea that I would go down to the local thrift shop and get a shot of the woman who runs the place. She seems like a nice old lady, and plus I got a kickin' Hamtaro lunchbox from that place for only a quarter... You'll never guess what's closed on Sundays. Go on, guess.

And I'm not complaining, but does anyone else ever talk to somebody online and then get a phone call from them, without having a clue as to how your number made it into their posession?

Oh, the decision of whether I get my iPod Touch now or in October has also been made for me: Best Buy is out of them, and there's very little way in Heck I'm going to ask somebody to drive me to Omaha so that I can make a $318 purchase. I know that it's selfish to be bitter about something like this, but jeez... I really wanted this iPod, you know?

I think that just about the only thing I can take solace in this weekend is the fact that I'm on the cusp of finishing writing a song, which will mean that I've written three songs since February. Unfortunately, this is a bittersweet piece of news in and of itself, as it seems like the only time I can really write a song is when I'm experiencing unrequited love, and anybody who's fallen head-over-heels (isn't the head... generally over the heels?) for somebody else can tell you that it's just agony trying to keep all of the feelings inside (hence the songwriting), and not knowing what steps you can possibly take in order to make yourself clear. Worse still... is when you make yourself clear, and you're told that it isn't the right time for them to be in a relationship. Incidentally, this plays into Linger, by The Cranberries (my Switchfoot wrapped up a little bit before writing this half of this paragraph.

You know I'm such a fool for you
You've got me wrapped around your finger
Do you have to let it linger?

Man, does it suck. Why is it that some things can't have definition? Why do we have to wait for things to take shape? Why am I getting stalker-like phone calls? Why is my backpack going to be locked in a room until it's too late for me to do my homework? Why do I space out and drop my MP3 player on the floor?

September... just sucks.

No comments: