Monday, January 14

Tomorrow (written last night)

I've been moved in for a day now, and I find myself thinking about two things more than anything else:

1) the friends I left behind at Doane, and

2) the crippling loneliness I've felt ever since September of 2006.

The first, obviously, is the standard separation anxiety that everyone faces when they're in an unfamiliar place. Still, I did write "I miss you" on well over two dozen Facebook walls tonight. I can only imagine what my friends are doing over interterm. Likely drinking (except for Benjamin, of course), playing copious amounts of Smash Brothers, and generally having an awesome time. I get the insatiable urge to buy a car thinking about them. Sure, there are guys here who play Melee, but they use items. Enough said.

Classes are starting soon, though, and I'm hoping that that'll make it easier to meet some new people and make friends with them, granted they appreciate my style of humor... If somebody only ever acts socially inept around people, does that mean that he's effectively socially inept?

As for the loneliness, I continue to reflect on the whole matter, and, well... will I ever love again?

Only God knows what tomorrow brings, but I wish he'd give me a hint.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

nice post. the line "Sure, there are guys here who play Melee, but they use items. Enough said." LOL! Those words ring oh so true. That made my workday. Later dude.