Monday, January 14

Today

The dining halls are open now, and so I ate with a guy on my floor and his female friends. I'm reminded of my modestly awesome people skills at breakfast when I am able to get along with all of them fairly easily. Corey, Devin, Mindy, and Megan all seem like good people, and I've remembered all of their names, so I'm likely to be in the clear with them, friendwise. Mindy especially reminds me of somebody I know from Doane, if only because I talked to her while she had half a voice.

Anyway, I'm sitting in my first, umm, building as I write this. Unfortunately, the only wireless points within range won't accept my iPod and so I can't post this right now. Class starts in roughly twenty minutes, followed promptly (and efficiently) by German, which is pretty close to the student union, two blocks down. I made the walk from the outside of this building to the outside of that building in seven and a half minutes, but I don't know exactly where to find the all-important classROOM. In any case, this is all very exciting for me.

But I still need to find a way to my appointment at 1:00 today...

Which was a bust. I had to call and cancel because there was no way I would make the bus (which would have only taken me within a mile). Then I went ahead and made sure my current class was where I thought it was, based on events which I partially vlogged, and am currently sitting in the lab during break, which is now over.

So my classes don't seem too bad overall, but I still have two new ones to go to on Tuesday. So far, German is the only class that scares me, which is good, because I feel like there's enough for me to be scared about. My room is ice cold... hypothermia.

No comments: