Thursday, January 10

Offline, mobile, awesome.

The apps that I added from the iPhone have a lot of interoperability with the apps that were on my iPod originally. Maps can interface with my contacts list to give me (fancy this) a map of the surrounding area, and I can get directions to or from that address... Maps rock.

Mail also works closely with my contacts list: if I have an email address, it automatically recognizes that and I can just mail to somebody's name, as opposed to their web address.

URLs in either Mail or Maps will open in Safari, unless they're Youtube URLs, in which case they open in the special Youtube app. Like witchcraft. When I added Mail, I also got a new button in Safari that lets me email links to people directly from Safari.

It gets especially fun when I open Notes. Why? Because it has a button that exports your note to Mail. Why is this exciting? Because I'm writing this blog in Notes and, with the address I added to my Contacts list, can send this directly to Blogger through Mail.

Ka-bam.

No comments: