Monday, July 7

Productivity(?)

This summer's been a bust. I found a job in the first two weeks, but that turned out not to work when I failed certification (for waiting tables) and wasn't offered a chance at redemption. Luckily, I got a check for the twenty hours of training I was put through. Unluckily, I was only paid for two and a half of those hours, which means I only made $14.

I'm getting my spleen out in a week, provided the military HMO grants us their permission and gets us in for a pre-op physical. Knowing the military, this is a longshot. If it happens, however, I'll be the proud disowner of one spleen. Recovery is going to be a week long, which means I won't be able to take any walks or bungee jump for a little while. It's okay, though. I never take walks.

I've been playing video games for most of my summertime bores, but for some reason I've been on a drawing kick recently. Seriously, don't ask me why because I don't quite know myself. I made some crude attempts at drawing a Growlithe, I ended up drawing a sword from just making lines on a piece of paper, then drew a face with a micro-line technique that seems to work pretty well for me, and then I drew this:



I used the same micro-line technique I did for the last drawing I did, which was harder since I drew Klonoa on a much smaller scale. You can see a lot of erasure marks, but those can be cleaned up in Gimp when I start to color him.

No comments: