Tuesday, November 13

Sidetracked.

I tend to have a ton of stuff on my mind at the same time. Right now, I'm making conversation with six people, listening to music, and writing this blog. Less than an hour ago, I remembered that I had some German to do. It didn't take very long at all, but it was still annoying to remember.

I'm having a little trouble getting this blog done, admittedly, because I'm having conversations with people online. See, I get sidetracked easily. All today, I knew I had to shave, but then I had to get a muffin and coffee, and then I had to read my book for econ, and then I had to practice music for juries, and then I had other stuff, and other stuff, and then I had dinner, followed sharply by rehearsal. Long story short, I never ended up shaving.

This happens to me a lot. I'll know that I have something important to do, like email my accompanist, and I end up putting it off for way too long because I simply let other things override my thought process, even though the action is pertinent, or something.

And in my spare time, I'm trying to write a fictional blog on here, but it takes a lot of concentration and time, which is being interspersed over the course of many nights' worth of rehearsals, but no afternoons of laziness, or any other such time slot. Why not, I don't know. It's not that I don't want to write the thing, or that I find it boring, or that I even find it to be difficult. I just have other things that I'm doing.

And I don't think there's really anybody who can say whether one thing that I do is more important than something else that I do. But it wouldn't surprise me if this trend causes me to suddenly stop writing this bl

No comments: