Sunday, August 27

Sleepless nights and restless days

You know, I don't think the philosophers and ponderers of the world truly appreciate the value of being tired.  My brother and myself would stay up late into the night and just talk about things like the universe and existence, can we prove that the universe exists, you know.  I think that philosophers would seriously benefit from pulling all-nighters in their reflections.

I say this because, despite my self-assurances that I wasn't excited or nervous last night, I didn't sleep at all, and having done that, I was slightly reluctant to wake up on time this morning.  Of course, I did, and I enjoyed the day quite fully.  Except for the beginning of it.  That was less fun than the rest.  I've noticed that when college students are unloading and moving in to their dorm, they move like kids at Disney World; practically dashing from place to place trying to see everything there is, and parents take their time, deliberately moving slower than their child so that they can draw out each moment and prolong the separation which they're dreading.  I'd find it sweet, if I weren't a college student.

No comments: